Friday, December 13, 2013

Berber Omelet



The good thing about having friends who travel (other than the fetching little terra cotta cazuelas they send back) is getting a source of new culinary inspiration. Earlier in the year, my friends posted a picture of a Berber omelet they enjoyed in Morocco, right on the edge of the Sahara. Seeing the combination of some of my favorite things (namely eggs and olives), I decided to recreate. So I did a little online culinary research (which is sort of like travel, except, you know, not quite as much fun), and came up with a version of my own. And it was fantastic. You can find the recipe, along with my general treatise on the redemption of breakfast-for-dinner, over at NPR's Kitchen Window.

1 comment:

  1. I love breakfast for dinner! The recipes on the NPR site are outside of my usual fare. Looking forward to trying them. Have you seen the book, "Breakfast for Dinner"? The "Moroccan Chicken Cinnamon Rolls" are riff on pastilla with cinnamon infused chicken, rolled in puff pastry and dusted with sliced almonds on top. Lots of great ideas in that book.

    ReplyDelete